Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ireland - 1979



"18 February 1979

Tra-la, tra-la, tra-la now I have done my duty as an American tourist in Ireland - I have been to Blarney Castle, and I did NOT kiss the Blarney Stone, so aren't I original?  Yes well, call it a acrophobia and a general lack of courage on my part!  I got an early train out of Killarney as the day was becoming more and more beautiful.  As it ended up, I shared a carriage with four other obnoxious Americans, who fortunately never figured out that I was an American too!


Had a beautiful view of the countryside coming out of Killarney - I'd like to go back sometime when the weather was better so I could do dome hiking and general scenery appreciation.

I walked to the Youth Hostel in Cork - about 1 1/2 miles from the city center - I was SO hot!  Today was like a spring day - lovely - I actually took off my long underwear and felt as though I'd lost 20 lbs.  J.G. showed up later and we went to see of all things, the movie "An Unmarried Woman" - I hadn't seen it before - thought it was good cuz I love Alan Bates - J. said this being Ireland it had been censored alot".    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!