Thursday, September 8, 2011

June 1943 - Further Birthday Cards

...And Birthday Cards from Margaret's husband and parents arrived.

Card from Jim - Front

Card From Jim - Inside


Card from Elsie and Otto Upton - Front

Card from Elsie and Otto Upton - Letter
"Springfield, Oregon
6-15-43

Dearest Margaret:
I hope you will have a Happy Birthday and lots of them.  I wish you could have your birthday dinner with Dad and I.  
We had two letters from Ellen yesterday and we tho't that was pretty fine.  Don't you think that was nice.  I will send you one.  You won't need to send it back.  I sure hope they can come see us.  How is my Sugar Pie.  Love her for us.  We think it has been a long day since we saw our Darling..." 

Elsie and Otto Upton Card - Inside

Elsie and Otto Upton - Letter

"...This is a beautiful morning and I supposed it is the same in Portland.  Mrs. Carr came to see me Saturday.  She is still out on the farm and working to(sic) hard.  V'Ona came home Saturday and had supper with Dad and I.  We were glad to have her.  I am going over (sic) town this P.M. and see The Human Comedy with Mickey Rooney.

Mr. Ray will bring 2 doz. chickens tomorrow and they will have to be dressed.  Some job.

Dad did a lot of work in the garden Sun.  His little tractor is fine for cultivating and vegetables are growing and so are the weeds.  Mrs. Waning's garden is grand.  I must close with our love and write often.  Dad and Mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!