Friday, September 16, 2011

1943 - Another Note From Elsie Upton

An undated note from Elsie Upton - 1943

Note - Page 1

"Dearest Barbie:

We were sure glad to get a letter from you.  Your Momy(sic) said you went to see Jimmie Bill and his baby brother.  I am glad he has such a nice little brother.  Grandad has a new little calf in the pasture and he would like you to see it.

When you come to Springfield to see us we will take you up to the barn and to see the calf.  How is your dog?  I see Phil playing around nearly every day and he asks about you and wants to know why you don't stay here.  We have lots of walnuts for you.  Won't it be fun to have you come and see us and stay all night.  I can't think of any..." 


Note - Page 2

"..thing I would like better.  Write to us often Sugar Pie.  Bye bye for now for I must get to work.

With all our love - Grandad & Grandmother"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!