Thursday, September 15, 2011

June 1943 - A Letter From Elsie Greenwell Upton - Part Two

Elsie Upton's letter continues...

Letter - Page 3

"...Barbie had better take time to write to us for we do love her you know.  I went over and visited with Mrs. Gerlach a little while this P.M.  She was worried and sewing so hard.  She finished several dresses this week with all of her own work.  Saturday morning I will add a little more and mail this.  More rain this morning and it is to(sic) bad for there is so much hay down.  I guess Dad and I will go to look for another white face calf tomorrow.  I wish Barbie was here to go with us.  My tho'ts always turn to our sweet heart when I need good company.  The Haven of Rest is on the radio and I am trying to listen and write and I don't do either one very well.  Dad was so tired last night by the time he got home.  I wish he didn't have to put in such long hours.  Did Ellen tell you they might come home for a short visit.  I do home they can come.

If the weeds in your garden are only two jumps ahead of the vegetables you shouldn't care for ours are doing much better than that..."

Letter - Page 4

"...I must hurry now and finish my work and take a bath and go over {to} town.  That is a joke about me trying to hurry for I am getting pretty slow.  Write often for we love to hear from you and we do miss you a lot.  With our love

Dad and Mom

P.S. love my baby for me and Grandad. xxx

If your letters sound dumb to you I don't know what mine must sound like."   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!