Friday, September 23, 2011

July 1943 - A Letter From Elsie Upton


In early July, the Margaret and Jim received a letter from Elsie Upton.

Letter - Page 1


"Thursday Morning
7-8-43

Dear Margaret and Jim:

Just a note this morning to let you know we got your card and was(sic) glad you had a safe trip home.  Barbie is still a-sleep.  I believe she is having a very fine time.  I gave her a blanket to play with in the yard and she sure had fun."
Elsie Upton and Barbara - undated

"We have been having pretty warm weather but cooler this morning.  We had two cards and a letter from Ellen.  She is in Denver after quite a trip.  I wish she would get well and strong and not be so tired.  I must get a letter off to her. 

I have jelly to make this morning and get Dad's bills..."
Letter - Page 2


"...made out for the 10th is just around the corner.  And I am behind with my book work as usual.

We took Barbie over to see V'Ona Tuesday evening and she had a lot of fun and last night she wanted Dad to take her to see V'Ona for she 'hadn't seen her in a long time.'

I enjoyed having you with us to(sic) Margaret and I hope you can come again.  I was glad to see Jim and was pleased he could go home to see his folks.  I have several things to do and must get busy.  Let us hear from you soon and often.

With our love
Dad and Mom

Barbie got to see Pat Ragan."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!