Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1956 Elsie and Mildred Go to Hawaii - Part 3

Envelope from Elsie Upton - mailed from Honolulu

"11-25-56
Dearest Family:

This will be just a line to let you know we had a good trip and arrived this morning.  It is beautiful but to (sic) hot for me.  It is like August weather.

We are both quite tired.  We have a beautiful place to stay.  This weather would be to your liking Margaret(1), all my clothes are to (sic) warm.  

I wish you could be here with us.  I had a nice letter from Viola.  I was glad to hear from her.  I scribbled a card on ship but didn't get it mailed so will put it in with this.

I did so enjoy seeing Ellen(2) and children and Helen Becker(3).

We hope to shop, but we are a long way from the shopping center.  We will have to rest up first.  The mail box is in front of our cottage.

I will write more when I get rested.

Bye for now.  With love,
Mom
(write!)"

1 Apparently early-on Margaret Upton Waning was a "lizard" who enjoyed hot weather. 
2 Ellen Upton Hall - Grover Hall and Margaret Hall - Elsie's daughter and grandchildren.
3 Helen Becker was an Upton cousin who lived in San Francisco and was a buyer for Macys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!