Friday, January 7, 2011

September 1956

Card from Elsie Upton - Cover

Card from Elsie Upton

"9-10-56

Dear Margaret and All:

Just a note to let you know where I am and I am fine.  I am wondering if it is raining there, it is wet here. 
Judy(1) is going to bring her father to see me to-day after she takes her boys to school.
Eleanor(2) and family came yesterday.  I enjoyed seeing them.
Lillian(3) and I went shopping Saturday and to Church Sunday morning.  Lillian has been busy canning a lot of every thing.  She is making bread to-day.
I plant to go over to see Mildred(4) tomorrow, I am not sure.
The girls(5) will be busy going to school this morning.
This is not much of a note but I can't write and listen to some one talk.  I am sorry." 

Elsie Upton Note

"Bessie, Jane and Dollie(6) came over Saturday evening, they are all fine.
I hope you are all well and I will be seeing you soon.  Bye for now.
With love,
Mom"

1 The only Judy I know is Judy Suckow - her mother was June Gantenbein - but she maybe too young to be the Judy mentioned in this letter.
2 Eleanor Greenwell Seibert - Roy and Lillian's daughter
3 Roy Greenwell's wife - Lillian Nelson Greenwell
4 Mildred Loomis - a life-long family friend - known as "Auntie Mildred"
5 Probably referring to her Waning grand-daughters
6 Warren Greenwell's (1870-1923) daughters Bess and Jane and his wife Dollie Brown Chitwood


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!