Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Summer 1942 - The Accident - A Letter from Ethel


In early July, Jim received a letter from Ethel...

Envelope


Letter - Page 1

"Santa Rosa July 9 - '42

Dear Folks:

Margaret's card just here telling me of your accident, Jim.  I'm so sorry to hear of this, but am so glad it wasn't any worse and that you aren't having to suffer too much.

I'm up here taking care of my sister - came up the first day of May - It looks as tho I'll not be home before sometime in August - maybe not even then as it takes a long time to get back to normalcy from a break down which has come from neglecting ones self for a long time - so Margaret drop me cards occasionally so I may know of Jim's progress.  Please?

It is fine you can be at the hospital so much Margaret cause it is sort of a lonesome place even if it is a necessary evil.

Charles is having lots of..."  

Letter - Page 2


"...fun taking care of the house and yard - guess it keeps him pretty busy.  He gets his own meals too.  Dorothy is taking a Business course over in San Jose.  She thought she had better be ready to take care of her self in case Charles has to go to war.

Let me know all about your selves.  I'll be anxious to hear.
Dearest love to all three of you.

Aunt Ethel" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!