"15 January 1979
I think that I am not going to loose any weight while I am where after all!!! I had thought that I wouldn't like the food - but thus far I can't complain! And what with all the teas and all - plus the fact that all the television commercials are about different brands of chocolate candy bars - Cadbury, Jacobs, etc. I feel duty bound to try them all! And of course there are hundreds of different kinds of biscuits (cookies) that I have to try!
Today Sean drove Rita and me downtown after lunch. We separated and I got the key and went into Selskar Abbey - locked myself in, it was all very exciting! And spooky too - I found a rodent skeleton all strung out. Then I went up and took at peek into one of the twin churches - Church of the
Immaculate Conception and then I went downtown and checked out some of the shops - I seemed to have spent most of my time in supermarkets and grocery shops - I bought three different kinds of biscuits - I ate one whole box when I was up here waiting for Rita to come back and let me in! I got some Edna O'Brien books I needed and treated myself to a new Essie Summers! Yes, well I supposed that some things never change!
I took a peak in at the Church of Assumption with its convent - I actually saw one of the nuns in white and scarlet - they never speak and one of them is always in the church praying. They are supposed to sing sometimes during the day I want to find out so I can listen. I've been in Ireland a week now - I can't believe it - time has flown by!"
Wednesday's Walk - 5 Years Ago
-
Road Trip!
We spent part of Saturday afternoon at the coast in Florence, Oregon.
We started out just past the Oregon Dunes Recreational Area at the South...
23 hours ago



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for taking the time comment!