Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jamboree at the Van Andel


It was a very cold Saturday, but it was perfect for hockey. Quinten's team joined 32 other teams at the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids for a chance to play on the same ice as the Grand Rapids Griffins. It was a cross ice jamboree. There were 3 games going at once and players had their names announced over the loudspeaker. Pretty cool.




There weren't any official scores or winners, but Quinten dominated. We lost count of the number of goals he scored. Easily at least 3 a game. The fans went wild!




Unfortunately, due to a love/hate relationship between me, my camera, and batteries the only picture I got that is even close to being recognizable follows. They had professionals taking pictures and when I get the info I'll post a link.


Yes that is Quinten with his back to me. I was trying to get his jersey which says "DEMYER."

2 comments:

  1. Kristi - Sounds like a super fun Saturday!
    I especially love your "crowd shots" and I look forward to getting the link for more Quin photos. When he is the next Wayne Gretzke - I'll be able to say "I knew him back in the day!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi- thanks for posting. It is so neat to see what you guys are up to. What a great opportunity for Quinten and his team. I don't know who looks better -Quinten in his hockey uniform or that good lookin' cheering section!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!