Monday, September 6, 2010

Otto and Elsie Go to Pennsylvania - Part 7

"Sept. 4th - 46

Dearest Family:

This is a beautiful morning but very cold.  We had a nice time yesterday.  Robert took us for a long ride out to Erie and to see Aunt Clara1.  We are going to Jamestown to-day.

We are leaving for home Tuesday 4-45A.M. from Erie.  We will come by way of Portland.  If we can get a room will spend a day there.  I want to see Aunt Fannie2.  I did so want to go through California and see my children3 but we didn't have any choice.  I plan to go see them when we get rested up.

I am going to send a box of our clothes by express and I hope you won't mind for we will send them to your home.

We will see you soon I hope.  I hope you are all well and not working too hard.  Olivia said you had a good rain out there.  They sure need rain here, it is so dry and in some parts have had frost.  Robert has a nice field of corn.  I think breakfast is most ready so I will go to the kitchen.  Will see you all soon.

With our love to all.
Mom"

1 Nellie (Ellen) Carter Upton's sister - Clara Priscilla Carter Loomis 1887-1953 
2 Elsie's sister, Fannie Greenwell Gatenbein
3 Her daughter Ellen Upton Hall, son-in-law Grover C. Hall II. 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!