Saturday, August 22, 2009

Farmer's Market & Lane County Fair

Saturday turned out to be a busy day! Lexa and I went to the Farmers' Market in the morning.

Kale and Chard on the left and Autumnal Flowers on the right













I'd not been for several weeks. I bought Albacore steaks from a fisherman out of Winchester Bay, and fresh bread from Hideway Bakery. Lexa bought peppers a vendor and Goat Cheese from Alsea Goat Farm - I think we are all set to eat locally Sunday evening.

The local meal had to wait for Sunday as we spent Saturday evening at the Lane County Fair. My attendance has been pretty erratic the last several years, so it was fun to have a look-see. The weather was very pleasant and we were treated to a lovely sunset as we exited about 8:30pm.

Here's our Grange's display on the left and a Sow on the right









Baby Goat on left and my dinner at the Fair on the right










Milk Cow on left and Midway in the evening on right







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!