Monday, February 7, 2011

Janet McAdam Waning's Birthday - 1956

Continuing the cousin-connect, Net got a birthday card from her cousin Retta Wallace Francis.

Card - Front

Card - Inside

Card - Reverse

"Dear Nett: I must add a few lines to your birthday card.  I hope you have a happy one - I am so glad you and Billy keep so well - I get along fine as long as I keep my B.P. under control - I look fine but it is caused by inward nervousness - so, I try not to let things worry me that I can't control.  I have a nice widow moving in to the duplex on Sat.  She is 65 and should be company for me.  I think I told you Dorothy1 expects the stork in Aug.  We are all hoping for a little girl this time (for her sake as that is what she wants so badly) but whatever comes will be welcome. 
The xxxx and towels came through fine I do use them for cookies etc and they are so high in the stores.  Maybe I did write & thank you - I forget.  It was nice of you to go to all that trouble.  I'll give Dot some of them.  We had a wonderful rain.  Today is so beautiful isn't cool enough to suit me.  I must close & catch the mailman - Love, good wishes 
from Retta"

1 Her daughter, Dorothy (Dot) Francis Thompson - the baby was a girl!  Karen Elise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!