Sunday, April 17, 2011

Summer 1942 - The Accident - Letter From Mary Emert


About the time Jim finally left the hospital, he received a letter from his Aunt Mary Emert.



"2007 Montana St Los Angeles Oct 7th

Dear Jim, -

Your Mother sent me your letter to her and I am sending it back to Ella1 so all can know how you are getting along.  I hope by this time you are on your feet.

Here is a ticket to the show.  I hope you are much better than you expect to be when you get on your feet and that you will so be able to go home.

I had the stomach flu about three weeks ago and am not over it yet.  I feel better but haven't much strength but am gaining slowly.  Remember me..."


"...to your wife and daughter, Mother and Mother-in-law.

I am writing this for Mrs Emert2 and will stay with her until she is stronger and am an old friend of your Mother's and the McAdam family.

Mary sends love -
Myrtle Doughty"

1 Ella McAdam Caufield
2 By 1942 Mary Emert's Familial Paulsy was so bad she could no longer write letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!