Friday, April 15, 2011

Summer 1942 - The Accident - A Postcard From Joe Caufield

Joe Caufield - about 1942 

Cousin Joe found time to write a postcard.

Postcard - Front

"Aug 24

Dear Jim,
As you know I have been working all summer.  I am now on my vacation in Astoria.  I will come to Eugene this coming Sat.  I think the bus leaves here at 7:40am - and gets there at 3:30pm.  I am coming down on the Oregon Motor Stages.  If nobody is there to meet me I will try and see you before I catch a bus to Dexter1.  I also wrote Aunt Net that I was coming so if everything is okay I will see you Sat.

Your Cousin,
Joe C."

1 Joe is taking the bus out to Dexter to visit his maternal Aunt - Janet (Net) McAdam Waning.
After all those horrible, hard hours at the dairy, he deserves a small vacation before school starts up again!  


Postcard - Reverse


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!