Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Last Day of November 1943 - A Letter From Ellen Upton Hall - Part Two

Ellen's Letter Continues...

Letter - Page 3

"...It was a war picture and a bit horrible but was a pretty fair show all in all.  They sure have been putting out some 'corny' shows here of late.  They are all terrible it seems like.

Our office is sure going to be upset.  Three of the girls are leaving.  One is just plain quiting (sic) working.  She's been married 4 years and has worked the whole time.  I guess she is getting tired of it and I don't blame her.  The other two girls husbands are going over seas.  One of them would have had to quit soon anyway as she expects an increase in her family in early March.

I'm terribly tired this morning and I have so much to do that it scares me to think about it.  I've gotten so I hate Saturdays.

Got a letter last night from Mom.  She said they went to Newport1 for Thanksgiving.  It rather surprised me for they hadn't been down in such a long time.  Grandma says Aunt Olivia is terribly 'thick' so to speak with Uncle Parney.  She {does not} write to the rest of them but keeps up a lively correspondence with him...

Well, Sis, really must get ready for work.  Write soon and give my love to your family.

All our love,
Grover and Ellen"

1 Olivia Upton Adams, Ellen & Margaret's paternal aunt, lived in Newport, Oregon in the 1940's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!