Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas - 1935


A rather sad card from Net's maternal cousin, Retta Francis in Whittier, CA.
Her parents, James Wallace and Agnes Burnet Wallace, both passed away in 1936.

Card - Front

Card - Inside


"Dear Cousin Net:  We are almost strangers but since Father isn't able to write I have to do it for him.  Mother & Father are both very feeble - I can see a big change in them both since my last visit here.  I am caring for the house and doing all I can for their comfort.  Joe1 is in Ohio visiting his own people - He hasn't been home for 10 years so they are having a fine time.  He has 4 married sisters.  My little girl2 goes to school and is very bright and likes it very much.  Father is in bed today - not so well.  Poor Mother is a pitiful sight  I suppose Mary3 told you all.  I must close - Love & good wishes from Retta." 

1 Joe Francis - Retta's husband
2 Retta's adopted daughter, Dorothy Francis born 1929
3 Mary - Net's oldest half-sister - Mary Burnet Emert - Mary lived in L.A. and regularly visited her maternal aunt and uncle the Wallaces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!