Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas 1947

Further 1947 Christmas cards from the collection of Net and Billy Waning. 

Nell Edmonds Card - Front



Nell Edmonds and Billy Waning - Blooming Prairie

Nell was an old McAdam Family friend from the Blooming Prairie, MN area. 
She sent a lengthy note with her card and is the first to mention Newman Hall's stroke:

"How happy we were to hear from you again and hear that you both are enjoying good health.  Was sorry to learn that Mr Hall isn't so good, great him for me if he still remembers me...I haven't seen Sophia(1) or Agnes(2) since early last summer so haven't any news on the home folks...I am sure you enjoy Jimmy's daughters, wish I could see them...
Love from us all, Nell, Earl and family"  

Ethel's Card - Front

Ethel's Card - Inside

Not sure who Ethel was - her card had a Los Gatos, CA address.



Dear Ones: Merry Christmas and a whole Happy New Year!  Whoop la - here we go - It never occurred to me I'd be so slow about writing after I'd stirred up such a furore about being so late with Billy's birthday card.  Just the same it made me feel like I did amount to something when friends missed their birthday greeting sort of made me war all over from my heart glow...
I expect I'll soon be getting Agnes' very short Christmas note before long.  She seems not to be able to think when she gets hold of a pen...Can't you get away Net to come down to visit me.  I'd so love to have so - So sorry to hear of Mr Hall's illness hope he is much improved by now.  What a nice family Jim has - I'm told 3 of a kind beats 2 pairs!  Next time U hope will have a boy - altho' girls aren't so bad are they Billy - Eh?...
Much love, Ethel"        




1 Sophie Ingvalson McAdam - Rob McAdam's widow 
2 Agnes McAdam Ingvalson - Rob's sister, married to Sophie's brother Albert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!