Monday, June 22, 2009

June



This June has been filled with what my Mother-in law calls 'June Gloom' . The weather will be gorgeous one minute then kind of grey and cool the next. My Garden is finally taking off a bit, I have a small plot on the south side of my yard, just enough to get excited about. My yard took a beating this past winter I lost many plants, so I have had to dig up my dead plants and that was kind of a bummer.
We went out to Sauvie Island and I got a flat and a half of strawberries. If you guys haven't tried the Hood variety go out and get some, they have a short season but man they are super good. So I made so freezer Jam.... and a nice tart. Jeff and Atticus were silent eating the tart .... that's how you know it's good. :)
So we are pretty mellow this summer plans here and there, but I just want to kick back and enjoy the season.
We went down to my folks' house this past weekend and spent some good family time with everyone. My mom watched Atticus for Jeff and me, and we went out for our fifth year anniversary. It was awesome; we went to Cafe Soriah's and shared some appetizers and drinks then went to the new Star Trek. It was fun. Hard to believe our hot beautiful wedding was that long ago....
Well Peace to all! Amazing that I have been able to type this much with out someone pulling my hand away from the keyboard!

4 comments:

  1. Jen so glad you have posted - this is a great way for me to stay in touch with you and your family. Congrats on your anniversary! Love the Atticus pictures too - he is at the stage where he is growing and changing on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- Atticus is gettin so big. I don't think that I have seen him since January, and he has turned into a little boy now. How did that happen?! I can't beleive its been five years since your wedding. I have the picture of you, me and Kris in my office. Everyone always comments on it, and I have been sayong it's about 3 years old -oops! happy late anniversary by a few days, and happy summer solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I'm glad you and Jeff got to go out, especially to see the new Star Trek!!!I love you, miss you, Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen great pictures of Atticus. We were remarking on your anniversary at my house. Somehow Tom always remembers your anniversary because of the summer solstice even when he can't remember what we just talked about. :) Anyway, glad to hear how things are going in your world. Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!