Sunday, June 14, 2009

The To Do Lists 1965



It is easy to remember someone older as they were the last few years of their life; harder, I think, to remember the many years when they were a youthful, vital, active person.
Our Grandfather is a case-in-point...at least he is for me.

So I share with you a couple of Gramp's "To Do" lists from 1965. The Wanings moved from Moss Street to Old Dillard Road in 1965. Grandfather was still actively logging. He was fixing up the "new" house, and spending dozens of hours at the Waning Farm in Dexter so that his mother could continue to live there in comfort.

On top of all that, Gramps took on much of the indoor and outdoor maintenance for Covenant Presbyterian Church. You can see which items have been completed - they are crossed out as they were accomplished. A very busy involved man!

2 comments:

  1. I need a nap just reading that list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how he took the time to type the lists. I barely have time to write mine on a scrap of paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time comment!